Thursday, January 30, 2014

We Bought New Couches!

After three years of living with a couch that belonged in a home with much bigger rooms (see my previous post) we decided it was about time to go out and get some new couches. And here they are in all their glory"
 

 

Of course, one cannot just go out and buy new couches.  One must also by new tables, new lamps, new curtains, and new rugs.

We are not totally finished yet.  I am not a huge fan of the pillows that came with the couches so I would like to get different ones.  We also need to take some time out to find some more decor items and plants.  But, for now, we are very happy with it.

If you like before and after pictures (I do) here are some for you.




Some day, I hope to develop my photography skills a little bit more so that you all can ohh and ahh over the beautiful pictures of my home but - for now, I am going to give you "non staged" pictures that I shot with my beat-up little Nikon CoolPix!

Oh, and if any of you were looking at the pictures thinking to yourselves "their TV looks smaller".  The reason is, because it is.  The TV we are watching now is actually the TV from our bedroom.  A word to the wise - never buy your kid a bow and arrow and then let her shoot it in the house.

Couches - Elder Beerman
Sofa, Coffee and Media Tables - Value City Furniture
Table Lamp - Home Depot
Floor Lamp - JC Penny
Rug - Lowe's
Stacked Suitcases - Pottery Barn

No comments:

Post a Comment